27.1.14

Kevin Shields - 2 (1995) (FLAC)



Whilst assembling my complete Kevin Shields discography (All that's missing is "Man You Love To Hate - Live") I stumbled across two different versions of this piece, one being a much cleaner piece in audio quality, while the other being slightly longer and ending in applause as if it was recorded live, thus resulting in a lower quality. Shields worked with La La La Human Steps in 1995 as a part of their "2" production. Myself, having a intimate love for both Shields work and La La La Human Steps, I swear I saw them perform once in my head, spent days searching, and finally I was sent a copy by an old friend who was able to find it on an old Apache server from as early as 97. Described as "defying gravity and takes us across an unbridled gesture where the dancers draw an electrifying energy". This is probably one of my favourite pieces of work any artist has ever done. It's hypnotic, sharp, and so meticulously crafted that only Shields would create something like this. Other instruments cited are harpsichords, "amplified harpsichords" and a piano. I would have loved to see Shields take MBV in this direction with their sound. The musical genius and versatility of Shields remains blunt.

Individual links for both versions are in the comments.

3 comments:

  1. HIGHER QUALITY:
    https://****.co.nz/#!foQCgCCB!dXZ01_XUbH8oLv8vCf29FO8SIYl8DmuHjLdWExLPQZA

    LOWER QUALITY:
    https://****.co.nz/#!ztxBGahC!olXOz1r5Tp1pbFKygSpPDxMJ5xJKf-Jk5CoiRIyCbdU

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. its not allowing me to type 'mega' or anything in place of the**** in the links. do you know why or how i can fix this? theres a lot of great music on here that i gotta have. i hope youre able to help. thank you very much

      Delete
    2. The link has to be copied (Ctrl C, or right click copy) and pasted into your browser's address bar (Ctrl V, or right click paste). From there you can replace the **** with mega and it should take you to the download page. If this doesn't help and you still can't access the links contact me again and I'll try and help further.

      Thanks

      Delete